How
is everyone this fine Saturday?!?!?!
I
have loooovvveedd the Missionary Training Center!!! There is truly nothing like
this place!!!
The
very first meeting after meeting my district and companion was absolutely
fabulous! We go to hear council and advice from the whole Mission Training
Center Presidency and their wives! We of course sang Called to Serve as the
opening song, but the closing song was We Will Bring the Work His Truth (Armies
of Helaman) here are the words that were altered just for the missionaries to
sing.
"2.We have been saved for these
latter days. To build the kingdom in righteous ways. We hear the
words our prophet declares: Let each who’s worthy go forth and share.
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we are now the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
To bring the world his truth
3.We
know his plan, and we will prepare, Increase our knowledge through study and
prayer. Daily we have learned and now we are called To take the gospel to all the world.
We are as the army of Helaman.
We have been taught in our youth.
And we are now the Lord’s missionaries
To bring the world his truth.
To bring the world his truth."
What an amazing promise!!! They change the words from and we
will be the Lord's missionaries to we are now the Lord's missionaries!
Okay imagine you're drinking out of a hose and you're really
thirsty, but the hose is a fire hose and it gets turned on full force. That is
how much knowledge the teachers here are giving you!! There's soo much and so
much the spirit is teaching you that you can never get enough time to write the
things you were thinking and learned about that day. I have written about a
page each night on what I did that day and 7 half sheets of paper front and
back of notes... and still feel like I have lost soo much of what I have
learned and didn't write it down! Some say you're hear will be spinning till
Sunday, I mean yes there is so much information being taught and things that I
need to learn, I'm getting all that I can from that fire hose... I've felt
pretty confident and feel as I have done my best in how I'm learning and I
don't think my head is quite spinning... so that's really good! I'm having the
best of times!
My preparation day, when I email is Saturdays until I'm in DC
then it will be Monday's. I will report to DC August 6th!!!
There
is a mighty work to be done and that telling all the World and inviting them to
come unto
Christ. I get this amazing opportunity to help others receiving the gospel and
help them learn of faith in Jesus Christ and His Atonement, Repent, be baptize,
receive the give of the Holy Ghost and endure to the and. I endorse you to
learn more for yourself what these 5 things mean to you because this is the
Doctrine if Christ and it is the only way to find true happiness and Joy. If
you have not experience these things yourself I invite you to ponder them in
your hearts and ask God if they be true! A wise quote by my wise companion,
Sister Gornichec, is that "we can't have a testimony of the church. It
will always fail us. We must have a testimony if the Gospel" (which are
these 5 simple, pure, and never changing doctrine.)
I
am already teaching people that are not part of the church. The first person we
have been teaching is Boris, he is our teaching acting as a guy name Boris!
Boris is just figuring out who Jesus Christ is and praying to Him!! We had 3
people looking into the church and they came in front of a class and we taught
them the things that really matter most in life!! On Monday we are teaching Arielle!
I'm so excited and so glad to be here because this work of bring the whole
world to truth makes me so happy, it is my life brothers and sisters and I hope
you can discover Joy as I have!
Here's
my address if you'd like to send a letter...
AUG06
DC-SOUTH
I
Love you all sooo much thank you for all your support!







No comments:
Post a Comment