I have learned so much this week!
Prayer works 
Faith takes work on our part

Truth is truth no matter what
Blessings WILL flow
Joy is the reason I believe
Our friend Donald has been on and off a date for baptism for quite a while now and has been out of town and hasn't been able to come to church! The reason for him not being able to be baptized is because we want his wife to be on board with everything! Last night she and he truly took a huge step in the right direction! She finally read the letter we wrote her after 3 weeks! We have a devotional where, at the end of the missionary transfers, we hear from those who were recently baptized and their adventure in coming closer to Jesus Christ!
We asked Donald the day before if he wanted to come to the devotional, and he said "yes I definitely want to come, I hope it will answer some of my questions that I have!"
So we texted him and he said, no I have something to do for my wife...
Then we called him! "Donald, what do you mean? You said 24hrs ago you would love to come!" He's like "sorry guys I have some errands to do!" We talked to him a little bit more then he said, "give me 2 minutes to ask my wife!"
*This is 10 minutes before we had to leave
*He calls us 2 minutes later saying "okay, I just have to grab her McDonald's and I can go!"
Mind you that we have a ride lined up to take us and pick him up. And we can't go to this meeting unless one of our friends are going. He has been to this devotional before and this is where he first decided he wanted to be baptized! So we knew that if he came to this, he would really remember the spirit he felt!
And it HAPPENED! He came, our President talked and invited anyone there that wasn't baptized, to be baptized on Thanksgiving day in that church building! After the meeting Donald said he was interested in getting baptized.
Sister Cunningham and I got to the bathroom afterwards and we come out and see Donald talking to our President! He explained that once his wife is okay with him doing this, he can be baptized! 
TURKEY BAPTISM! Everyone, pray for it!!
This is how I felt 5 minutes before Donald told us he was coming!
"It's supposed to require something of our soul.
If Jesus could plead in the, night falling
on his face, bleeding from every pore and crying "Abbah, Father, Papa. Remove this cup from me" well, little wonder that salvation is not a whimsical or easy thing...
This is the Living son of the living God saying isn't there some other way?
...[if we] wonder why this isn't easy, [we] should remember that [we] aren't the first ones to ask that, because someone a lot greater and a lot better asked it a long time ago! He asked if there wasn't a less excruciating way, and for him there wasn't, and so perhaps for us in token, symbolism that there will be an entirely easier way"
Truly, I have felt the battle against the devil and have fought for good so many times. It is obvious what happens when we follow the devil, we get lazy and fall under temptations and forget what matters most! Keep Christ at the Center, my friends! The Center and the driving factor behind all you do should be for the love of God, his Son Jesus Christ and His Children!
As President Nelson has said in this past Woman's session of General Conference, "Part of this endeavor will require you to put aside many things of this world. Sometimes we speak almost casually about walking away from the world with its contention, pervasive temptations, and false philosophies. But truly doing so requires you to examine your life meticulously and regularly. As you do so, the Holy Ghost will prompt you about what is no longer needful, what is no longer worthy of your time and energy."
Happy Veteran's day! Thank you to all who have served to help our Country and our liberty! πΊπΈ

Each Veteran is as Captain Moroni!
Alma 48:11 "And Moroni was a strong and a mighty man; he was a man of a perfect understanding; yea, a man that did not delight in bloodshed; a man whose soul did joy in the liberty and the freedom of his country, and his brethren from bondage and slavery."
Have the best week!
Always Love,










No comments:
Post a Comment