Monday, December 2, 2019

12.2.2019 La Paz

WOW! WHAT A BLESSING!
Last Monday some of our plans were not good there wasn't very many things we had in our schedule so I stared at the board of names and areas and picked 2 areas to be in! I said a little fervent prayer to be able to be in a place where we could find those prepared to hear the Gospel!

We went to the first place and knocked every door on the street! Almost everyone opened, but NO ONE was interested!

We went across town to another area that we had picked and just started knocking on some knew homes! We went about 5 houses down and we met Troy & Tabby!!! If we were one door up 30 seconds earlier we would not have met them! They just pulled up in their car while we were knocking on their neighbors door and I hollered, "Hello how are you doing?!" And BOOM! They invited us in and they are so interested!!! They took a Book of Mormon and wanted to read it! He is in the Air force and has seen so many terrible things! She has State Royalty (Mrs Virginia 2020) They are so humble and so funny! We are having Afghan Bistro with them tomorrow!

Thanksgiving day 
We had the greatest baptismal service! 7 people were baptized Thanksgiving! Thank you for all your prayers! Donald's wife was able to come and she is the sweetest person! She really clicked with some of the members!

4 Thanksgiving appointments! :

1st dinner: 
Member Families all gathered in one of the families home for Thanksgiving! (The picture with the whole plate of food was the 1st dinner!) 

2nd dinner 
We went knocking around and we knocked on this one lady's door and she said "I just came home from work and want to take a nap, come another time" we walked down the stairs to knock on another door! She opens her door again and invited us to come in for some dinner! Her name is Virginia and she is from Mozambique!! I was so full after this dinner! RIP my estomago!

After dinner we had some peanut butter bars and as we were sitting at a stoplight, I made eye contact with this guy and we (he and I) both rolled down our windows and we both shouted,  "HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!" .... I said "Hey that was my line!" I stood up out of the car and and offer him some peanut butter bars to his family! I sat back down and he asked where we are from, I was grabbing a Card and the Light turned green so I couldn't give it to him and we didn't even have a enough time to say where we were from and I threw the Card out and this man was going crazy to try to grab it with all the wind! 

On Sunday it was Donald's confirmation, it was amazing! We went and visited a family of a door we knocked on and shared the "Light the World" video and they LOVED it! We said a prayer and then I said "ome" ("pray") in Spanish and the little kid got sad that he didn't say one! Then he, (the 2 yr old named David), said a prayer, then walked around and gave "Paz" (peace) to everyone's hand!!!
It was the cutest thing in the world!❤

We went inside a drunk lady's house and she prayed the most beautiful prayer! She blessed us to be safe about 10 times! She told us, "I think I should probably read that book of Mormon!" Repentance is real!

Strive to give La Paz (Peace) to everyone! Especially those who may be out of it and drunk........ (kids don't try this at home! Be safe out there!)

Amor y paz es la respuesta!

-Sister Chaffin💙







No comments:

Post a Comment